Essential steps to follow a maintaining a healthy pregnancy
1. Visiting a doctor it’s an important role to play during pregnancy from the very first month till you give birth to your bundle of joy. First, look for the best doctor and discuss it with family and friends.
2. Schedule a prenatal appointment it is important to schedule an appointment after you discover you are pregnant. Best Gynecologists in East Delhi
3. Schedule an upcoming visit with your doctor it’s very important because you should know especially prenatal care is important for your upcoming child’s growth and development. Prenatal care typically consists of a doctor’s visit once a month for six months of pregnancy.
Twice per month during seventh and eight months pregnant is going to assure that your child enters the world healthy without complications. Visiting a doctor every week in the ninth month of pregnancy until you deliver your bundle of joy makes sure that both mother and child is safe.
4. Discuss with your doctor about prenatal tests. Best Gynecologists in East Delhi
These testing helps to check the health of the fetus. Also, these prenatal tests determine the genetic disorder, birth defects, or potential for other disorder if found.
These tests play an important role to encourage that you can make the best healthcare decisions before and after the child is born.
Starting Healthy Habits for pregnancy
1. stop drinking alcohol and smoking, it can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and low birth weight baby.
2. stop the drugs if you are using like cocaine, heroin, etc.
3. If you are taking a large amount of caffeine so you should limit intake to caffeine, for example, one cup of coffee per day is sufficient.
4 keep hydrated it’s important to drink at least one liter of water per day to keep your body well hydrated. pregnant women are suggested to keep the body hydrated to help increase blood volume which the body prepares to support the mother and the fetus. Drink plenty of water, it also helps the alleviate the symptom of constipation and preterm labor. Best Gynecologists in East Delhi
-Eat smaller nutritious meals more frequently instead of typical three times a meal per day its help maintain the blood glucose and keep your energy up.
-Eat foods that are high in calcium and iron-rich in green leafy vegetables.
-Eat fresh fruits high rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium and bananas.
6. If you are pregnant, you should be aware of how much weight gain is good for your health. Monitoring your calorie intake is especially important because recent studies have shown that overweight mothers can negatively impact the health of a child throughout his or her life.
-you should only be eating about 300 extra calories.
• Normal weight gain for a healthy woman is about 25 to 35 pounds total during the pregnancy
• Overweight women should only gain about 10 to 20 pounds total during pregnancy.
• Underweight women or women who are pregnant with multiples should only gain 35 to 45 pounds during the pregnancy.
7. Get regular exercise and before you start exercising, discuss it with your doctor. The doctor will let you know which exercises should you avoid.
• Avoid exercising in hot weather and avoid overheating in general.
• Be sure to drink water before, during, and after exercising.
• Be sure to do stretches and warm-up exercises to increase your breathing and heart rate slowly. Do the same at the end of your workout.
• Only exercise at a moderate level (you should be able to comfortably talk during your workout) and stop if you feel tired.
If you follow all these steps, you will maintain a healthy baby. For Doctor consultation consult Dr. Shivali Makkar is treating patients of Obstetrician and Gynecological disorders at Makkar MultiSpeciality Hospital for many years. She has expertise in treating any complications while child delivery. Also, Multiple facilities like NICU&ICU is available at the hospital, in case of an emergency for the safety of newborn and mother. Book instant Appointment Online, Consult Online drShivali@makkarhospital.co.in Else contact: +919555883399 – for an appointment. Also, you can visit Makkar Multispeciality hospital at A-1,2 Priyadarshini Vihar, East Delhi (Near V3S Mall) Laxmi Nagar 110092